The New Revised Standard Version of the Bible (NRSV) was published in 1989 and has received the widest acclaim and broadest support from academics and church leaders of any modern English translation.
It is the only Bible translation that is as widely ecumenical:
– The ecumenical NRSV Bible Translation Committee consists of thirty men and women who are among the top scholars in America today. They come from Protestant denominations, the Roman Catholic church, and the Greek Orthodox Church. The committee also includes a Jewish scholar.
– Standing in this tradition, the NRSV is available in three ecumenical formats: a standard edition with or without the Apocrypha, a Roman Catholic Edition, which has the so-called “Apocryphal” or “Deuterocanonical” books in the Roman Catholic canonical order, and The Common Bible, which includes all books that belong to the Protestant, Roman Catholic, and Orthodox canons.
– The NRSV stands out among the many translations available today as the Bible translation that is the most widely “authorized” by the churches. It received the endorsement of thirty-three Protestant churches. It received the imprimatur of the American and Canadian Conferences of Catholic bishops. And it received the blessing of a leader of the Greek Orthodox Church.
The NRSV is truly a Bible for all Christians! Rooted in the past, but right for today, the NRSV continues the tradition of William Tyndale, the King James Version, the American Standard Version, and the Revised Standard Version. Equally important, it sets a new standard for the 21st Century.
The NRSV stands out among the many translations because it is “as literal as possible” in adhering to the ancient texts and only “as free as necessary” to make the meaning clear in graceful, understandable English. It draws on newly available sources that increase our understanding of many previously obscure biblical passages. These sources include new-found manuscripts, the Dead Sea Scrolls, other texts, inscriptions, and archaeological finds from the ancient Near East, and new understandings of Greek and Hebrew grammar.
• Take Notes
• Highlight or Underline words & entire verses
• Bookmark Verses
• Add Margin Notes
• 4 types of Navigation (Scroll Wheel, 3-Tap, 2-Tap, & Keyboard)
• Full Screen Immersive Mode by a simple double tap (Android KitKat and higher)
• Folders to organize your notes & bookmarks
• Access Study Bibles & read the study notes beside the Bible
• Offline (No Internet connection required for downloaded Bibles)
• Red Letter text for Jesus’ words
• Search the Old & New Testament to find verses containing the entered keyword
• Night mode for low-lit reading areas
• History folder to access past 50 viewed verses
• Split-screen mode to read two Bible translations at once
• Share verses & notes via Google+, Facebook, Twitter, email, & SMS
• Bible talks to you! Text-to-Speech allows the Bible to be read to you out loud
• Change font size and font type
• Auto scroll allows the Bible to scroll automatically
• Backup all your purchases and created Bible data using a FREE TecartaBible.com account
• Cross References & Footnotes by long-pressing on dotted-underlined words & superscript letters
• Bibles (KJV, NIV, NLT, NKJV, ESV, GW, MSG, NCV, and more!)
• Commentaries (Matthew Henry’s Concise, Commentary Critical & Explanatory on the Whole Bible, John Wesley’s Explanatory Notes, John Gill’s Exposition on the Whole Bible, and more!)
• Study Bibles (NIV Study Bible, NKJV Study Bible, NIV Woman’s Study Bible, Lucado Life Lessons Bible, and more!)
• Devotionals (One Year Devos)
If you have suggestions, questions, or comments we would love to hear from you! Email us at [email protected]
If you need help or want to see all the features in your Tecarta Bible, please visit our Help website at http://tecartabible.com/help/