My Elevation uses web services to get your precise surface elevation based on your current location. This is far more accurate than the elevation data provided by your device. But there’s so much more you can do with My Elevation. Try it and see!
● The application shows the surface elevation above sea level based a latitude and longitude. It does not provide altitude in cases were you are in an aircraft, high up in a building, or high off of ground for some reason.
● This application must have a working data connection to be able to show your position on the map, get your precise elevation and provide much additional rich content . It does not have an off line mode. Please consider this before giving poor ratings when it doesn’t work when you have no data connection.
● Follow Me Mode – Follows your current location in real time. Watch your movements on a map and see your elevation and coordinates updating as you move.
● Search for Locations and watch the map fly over to them. My Elevation will tell you the weather there and let you browse Wikipedia articles about attractions nearby the location. If your curious at all about other places you will love this !
● Long press a location on the map and My Elevation will tell you the weather there and let you browse Wikipedia articles about attractions nearby the location.
● See street level view panoramas of places you search for or locations you long press.
● Share your location or what you find in searches with your friends in a text or email.
Map Mode – Lets you pick one of four Google Map types (Normal, Satellite, Topo and Hybrid)
2D/3D Maps – Toggle between the two modes
Try it out and let us know how it goes.
email us at [email protected]
or visit https://www.facebook.com/MyElevation
This application uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous data about how the application is used and what failures occur. This allows us to make the application better with each release. You can opt out of this by un-checking the Analytics data item in the application preferences. No personally identifying information is collected.