Our GPS Odometer is an application which allows you to measure distances!
This app comes in handy while during driving your car, running, walking or even doing gardening.
You can also record multiple trips and then add them up to get a total distance traveled. On top of that, you can use the distance to calculate how many calories you’ve burned.
– Do not try to test the application by pacing around in the same small area it won’t work!
– Satellite based GPS positioning does not work well indoors or near large structures.
Many apps use a network based location because it works indoors, however,
it is not accurate enough for use with this app. If the location icon is
not solid in your status bar, that means your PHONE can’t acquire a
satellite GPS fix in that area.
– More accurate compared to other apps.
– Includes pause/resume features for each trip.
– Each trip can be started separately.
– Includes a blocking system which prevents you from clicking by mistake.
– Approximates distances travelled in some GPS dead spots such as driving through a
tunnel, by adding the as-the-crow flies distance to your trip.
– Resumes measuring distance after reconnecting to GPS.
– Added simple change of views from distance to calories burned.
– Choose between average or current speed.
– Receive notifications at given distance intervals.
– Receive a notification to turn off after no movement for some period of time (the 2
minute option is only recommended for testing).
– Keeps screen awake.
– 3 coordinate options: decimal, DMS, DM.
Distance units include:
– Nautical miles.
Speed units include:
– Kilometers per hour.
– Miles per hour.
– Nautical miles per hour.
– Meters per second.
– Feet per second.